Gratitude

 Hi Again!

I know, two posts in two days who is this girl...anyway I wanted to do a quick one about something that's been helping my mental health lately.

I finally decided to buy a gratitude journal, now, when I first thought about it I was just going to get a plain notebook and write down my thoughts and feelings for the day but when I was looking online I noticed these 'gratitude journals' and I wanted to learn more about them. 

I looked at some examples of what would be inside and it seemed like something that would really benefit me - it encourages you to say what you're grateful for each and every day. There may be some days where you might think to yourself that you have nothing to be thankful for but when you take a minute you realise that's a load of crap and you actually have so much to be grateful for. 

If you look at the pictures below you will see the daily titles are; 'Today I am grateful for' & 'Positive Affirmation'. I'm not going to lie and say every day is easy to write about these things in fact sometimes I feel cheesy writing things like 'I am smart' or 'I can do this' but those are the days I need to hear those things the most. 

I have added this link so you can see some of the benefits of journaling: 

https://www.goodnet.org/articles/5-reasons-keeping-gratitude-journal-will-change-your-life

It has definitely helped with my stress and I feel more positive once I have completed it for the day. 

My mind races some days and lists/writing has always helped me to gather my thoughts and streamline them into something comprehensible (that's debatable, I know). 

I also like to put myself down a lot - I focus on the negatives like; 'I don't look how I want to', 'My hair is a mess' etc. but now I am forced to think of the good things I have in my life - it might be something small like 'I am grateful for having a roof over my head' but for me, that's a huge deal and you need to take a step back and think of those who are not fortunate and don't have a place to live. It makes you realise how lucky you are and how much we all take for granted. 

Nowadays I think a lot of people are focused on what they DON'T have rather than what they DO have - maybe it's an age thing as well but over the years I have become more thankful for things I have. 

Anyway, mini-rant over, this has really benefited me and if you are someone who struggles with anxiety or depression it can help you to open up and think of those things you have and love because you are loved by someone, trust me. 

Have you had anything in life that has helped you through rough times? Let me know!

Have a nice day! And speak soon. 


 



Comments

Popular Posts