Back to it

Well, as you may have read in my previous post I have been ill for a number of weeks and only now am I starting to feel slightly human again...thank goodness. Any longer and I would have gone mad.

Today was my first proper day back at the gym and it felt good, I had energy when I woke up and I went for an early morning session (which I usually do anyway, it gets it out of the way) I definitely noticed my lack of strength and I felt weak when trying to lift weights again but I am not beating myself up about it, I am taking it slowly and easing myself back into it rep by rep.

Again, with cardio, I haven't started running again I am just doing some uphill walking and slow jogging. It does obviously make me feel a little disappointed that all of my hard work has disappeared but I was ill, and that is that.

Another thing I need is a new workout routine so I can start to work towards my goals and decide what I want for the future.

At the moment, fitness and health isn't something I have been focused on, and do you know what? that isn't a bad thing at all. I am extremely happy in my current situation and I am loving spending time with the people I love, life is all about balance. I still enjoy working out and cooking healthy recipes but I also enjoy going to the cinema, sitting on the sofa, eating out and having a drink now and again.

Anyway, back to it, I will keep you updated on my progress and the goals I decide on in the near future.

Let's do this! Let's also remember to enjoy life to the fullest and don't sacrifice amazing memories you could make with your friends and family for your 'diet and fitness' goals.






Comments

Popular Posts