That's my goal

What are your goals?

It's something people lose track of fairly easily, well, I know I do.

One day I want to be a bodybuilder, the next a marathon runner, the next...anyway I think you get the picture.

But goals are so important when it comes to fitness and not having them, or not knowing what you want, can greatly affect the outcome of your training.

It's like starting a painting and not having any idea of what you want to paint, I mean it could turn out great right? But on the other hand, you could start to get really frustrated and end up starting over and over again because you have no direction. That's the same with training. If you don't know where you want to go, how are you supposed to make a plan on how to get there and actually reach your goals? It isn't that black and white as many of you will know, but that is the basic premise of goal setting. You need to know your end goal.

So say you want to lose 'weight', we are talking weight in general not fat loss. Then you would aim to be in a calorie deficit right, how would you do that?

You would eat fewer calories which makes your calorie intake less than your BMR (and if you're training you also need to take that into account). So both of these things will cause a collaborated calorie deficit. The hard truth is that in order to lose just one pound of fat, you need to burn 3,500 calories. It's hard work, but in the end, it's worth it. There are also several other factors to take into account but for this example, I'm just giving you the basics.

On the other hand, if you want to gain muscle you need to be in a calorie surplus and your training routine would involve less cardio and more weights.

So again, what I'm trying to say is you need to know your goals!

It can be hard to know what you really want because you haven't experienced it before. Most people will know when they start training what they prefer, whether that's running long distances or lifting heavier weights your goals are tailored to you.

As for me, I am wanting to set myself some challenges for next year and I am hoping this will spur me on in my training. I like a mixture of cardio and weights but when it comes down to it I love to spending time running, walking, biking, anything to do with cardio and whilst other people may find that boring I really enjoy it. And so, something like a Duathlon, Triathlon or even a 40 mile walk would be something I could see myself completing and I can then challenge myself to complete them in the best time possible.

What do you enjoy doing? And ask yourself, what are your goals.




Comments

Popular Posts