Vegan BBQ pulled pork

Hey!

I wanted to share a new Vegan recipe with you today!

I am finally back writing for my personal blog and feels so good, you see, the thing is, I write a blog for my company about tech and other exciting things, however, this means that when I get home the last thing I want to do is sit down and write another blog post, even if it's about something I really enjoy, like food, fitness or even lifestyle topics!
But, I am going to try my hardest to keep blogging for you guys! and for myself in all honesty.

Anyway, back to the important part, food...

When I used to travel to Bournemouth, which at one point was every other week, I discovered an amazing Vegan resturant called Amala and it was here that I first tried BBQ pulled jackfruit and it was so tasty, I knew at some point I would have to try it at home.

The other day, I was in saisbury's and I saw a can of Jackfruit on the shelf and I decided to buy it and try to recreate the BBQ pulled pork masterpiece I had previously eaten. Good luck, right? Well, actually... it turned out pretty well!

See below for the cooking instructions, the measurements are a bit experiemental because that's how I cook, but just try it out and see what works for you.


Ingredients: 


  • Tinned Jackfruit [I used half a tin you can use more if its for more than one] 
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 1 yellow pepper
  • 4 tomatoes
  • Tomato puree 
  • Spinach
  • Oil [I used garlic frylight]
  • Cumin
  • Mustard powder
  • Smoked paprika
  • BBQ sauce [I used blend bros sugar free version] 
  • Vegetable stock 
  • Salt & Pepper 
  • I didn't have any but I would recommend fresh garlic as well


Method:

  1. Firstly I sprayed my garlic frylight into the pan and put the heat on medium
  2. I diced my onion and added it to the pan
  3. Once they were soft I added the cumin, paprika and mustard powder
  4. Then, I added about a cup of water and a vegetable stock cube
  5. Wait for it to simmer [about 5 minutes]
  6. I then added my fresh chopped tomatoes and sliced yellow peppers
  7. Simmered them for a few minutes
  8. Add the jackfruit 
  9. Add the tomato puree 
  10. Stir
  11. At the end I added the BBQ sauce and spinach 
  12. Salt & pepper for seasoning
  13. And then simmer until thick 




Tah dah. 

I had mine with red quinoa but you can have it with rice, tortilla wraps, tacos...anything you want!

And for the calorie concious, a whole tin of Jackfruit is only 54 calories!





I would highly recommend making this recipe, especially if you're new to veganism, the texture of the jackfruit really does remind you of meat. 

Lovely, tasty and healthy, just what I like. 

Please let me know if you did recreate it, and if so, how it tasted. 

I hope you're having a lovely day!

Namaste. 



Comments

Popular Posts