Skateboarding n00b

So at the ripe old age of 25, I have decided to give skateboarding another go...
I tried when I was younger but my main interest was in biking, not skating.
I'm not going to lie to you, I feel a little bit stupid learning to skate at this age but I have a new group of friends that are willing to help me which for me is all I need. As long as they don't laugh at me and mock me (maliciously) I think I'll be just fine. Look, if I fall off my board it's going to be funny so I'll allow them a laugh, and to be honest, I'll probably be laughing myself, or crying...

Anyway, I've restarted a lot of old hobbies as well. I've started climbing again, specifically bouldering at my local climbing centre. When I went back for an induction I forgot how hard it was, I'm nowhere near as strong and I'm nowhere near as light as I used to be so I need to train harder. The difference between me now and then is that now I am willing to persist, even if I look stupid, you've got to start again somewhere in order to improve.

The moral of the story is, if you want to do something then do it. It doesn't matter how stupid you look or how new you are to it, go for it!

I've been watching my friends skate and for now, I am their personal photographer, here are a few pics I took this week! hopefully one day I'll be the one doing the tricks! I'm determined to learn so watch this space!

I mean heaven IS a half pipe, right?!

😉







Popular Posts