Listen to me, no, listen to me...

With SO MANY fitness gurus, personal trainers and health advocates out there right now, who the hell do you listen to ???

I have listened to numerous people when it comes to diet, I've been Keto, Low-carb, High carb, Low fat, High fat...you get the picture.

Do not get me wrong, all of these diets will work, but do you know why? because in the end all of these diets, whether you realise it or not, causes you to be in a calorie deficit. Low-carb/Keto gives you decreased appetite, Low-fat enables you to eat more but consume fewer calories, and so on.

Then when it comes to exercise...well, there are SO many different tactics....Just weights, Just cardio, A mixture, HIIT training, Steady state cardio, Long distance cardio etc.

The only thing, again, I can say is these things all work, but it all depends on what you WANT from it. Do you want to be 'thin', Muscular, Fit, Lean, Strong? The choice is yours, and each technique will help you achieve your goals.

The main brunt of what I'm trying to say is...trust yourself. You know you shouldn't be eating a whole pack of biscuits, two slices of cake or getting take out every night, you are NOT stupid. You know that lifting weights will build muscle and that cardio will help you burn calories, and if you are not sure, ask an expert, face to face.

I'm saying that simplicity outweighs any over complicated, over measurable diet. The last couple of weeks I have been tracking my calorie intake and it has been helping me so much, I know what I'm eating, how much and how that relates to the amount of calories I've burnt. I do not plan to do this forever but I realised that although it's fantastic that I eat good food, I was still eating too much of it - the best way to learn is to realise your mistakes.

Please trust yourself, trust how your body feels and how much energy its providing you with throughout the day.


Popular Posts