It's not the food - its you

Today is a Sunday, and usually, that means I'm with my boyfriend but today I am by myself and I happen to be in a crappy mood.

My eyes feel like weighted shutters and my whole body feels overheated and sluggish, I had planned to have an amazing workout today and go for a long walk and yet here I sit, in my room, curtains closed writing this blog post.

My appetite has vanished and I am trying to down as much water as possible but my body is just not responding... and all I can think to myself is 'It must be something in my diet', all I can say is this past week has been a good eating week but the end of the week was a bit...iffy.

But then I stopped and thought rationally for a moment,  that perhaps, just maybe, I am simply having a shit day? Maybe my body is tired and maybe my hormones are all over the place and maybe I just need some rest. Who knows.

I don't know why I always jump to the conclusion that I am eating badly or I should cut out a certain food group when we all know people have shitty days, that IS life.

 I want to be productive but my mind and body will not let me, and so I choose to 'go with the flow' and stop resisting so much.

Sunday is my day of rest and that is exactly what I will do. I will not think about the million and one things that are coming up and the fact that my arse is more of a pillow than I would like and try and relax.

Easier said than done, right?

So, how are you spending your Sunday?


Popular Posts