Weight training gave me the runs..and I don't mean cardio

Yesterday I trained my back and arms hard, and Monday I had a good leg day but the outcome of that is that I am suffering from the worst DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness).
When I started working out the first time I remember the leg pain, there was a LOT of it, but this time, the day after training I felt really sick, I couldn't bring myself to eat at all so I went for a walk, that didn't help either. And then I went to the toilet (normal morning routine) but it didn't happen as I had expected...it wasn't...solid, at all.

All morning I was energyless, sleepy and I couldn't keep any food in my stomach. I tried everything, protein, fats, carbs, and in the end, the only thing that worked was taking a long hot bath. No joke, after that I felt so much better. I read on a fitness forum that the cause of my problem might have been due to the fact that my blood flow was focusing on my muscle soreness instead of my intestines, it made perfect sense to me.

I'm still struggling with routine, I need to incorporate fasted cardio into my routine as it makes me feel so much better, but having time off is making me lazy and I just want to lie in bed, eat breakfast and then go to the gym. *rolls eyes*

I'm getting quite 'hench' at the moment because I have a high body fat percentage and the muscle is growing underneath it, but my fat isn't decreasing -- time to up my cardio! I struggle to find the balance because I'm so small, at 5ft 3 I am basically 'petite' so having any extra weight on me makes me look like an Oompa Lumpa *wimper*.

Moral of the story: try not to push yourself too hard at the start of your journey or if you're trying something new because today has been a set back for me and frankly I have eaten  some junk this evening - oops.

Let me know your experience with DOMS and what you did to help with it!

Keep going, whatever stage you're at you are doing great and you will improve!

Healthygirl ~



Popular Posts