BOSU

Well as you might have read in my previous post I've been ill recently and so weening myself back into the gym was a chance to try something a bit different!

I was browsing new workout routines and I came across this BOSU workout, BOSU is basically half a gym ball with a flat side which stupidly I thought would make it easier to balance on, I was very wrong.
The source of my fitness routine is posted at the bottom. First of all check your gym has one of these half balls before starting, it would help ha!

Mountain Climbers
Mountain climbers
(30 seconds) depending on the intensity of your workout. And you can use this as a warm up, personally I do a little bit of cardio before this work-out.



Crunches
Crunches (2 sets of 10)

                             

Balancing Bicep Curls
Balancing Lunges

Now these moves are pretty difficult especially when trying to get on the actual BOSU! All I can advise is just be confident when doing these moves it actually makes it so much easier.
I usually do 3 sets of 10 on each of these moves, very challenging but I loved it! The second one is great for the upper thighs.

Push-Ups
And the typical push-up made that little bit harder!




On the website there are a couple more moves which I chose to leave out because I work those body areas on other machines and using free weights, but please feel free to try them all!

A really enjoyable work-out and highly recommended for anyone looking to tone up and challenge themselves.

http://www.fitsugar.com/BOSU-Circuit-Workout-24810939#photo-24810949

Comments

Popular Posts