Curry Concoction

Curry Concoction

So it's Friday evening and to be honest I don't have a lot in right now, so one of my famous concoctions was in order!
After going to the gym this morning I decided to pop into Lidl (it's right next door) as they have a great selection of fruit and veg for a really good price.
Having experienced my first taste of Persian cuisine I decided to use that as an inspiration and try and re-create some of the vegetables used in the dish. So I purchased an aubergine, a courgette and broccoli, the broccoli just because I love the stuff.. I also purchased a Sharon fruit which I haven't decided what to do with yet!

Here is what my plate consisted of:


  • Roasted aubergine and courgette (Sliced and roasted for about 10 minutes)
  • Quinoa (Cook in boiling water)
  • Curry (See below) 
The Curry: 
  • Turkey (diced)
  • 1 onion (sliced)
  • Half an avocado 
  • 1/4 can of Black eyed beans 
  • Broccoli
  • Spinach 
  • Bhuna sauce
I firstly put the turkey readily diced into a pan with 'fry light' cooking spray, I waited until the meat was almost cooked before adding the onion, then the avocado and beans.
The broccoli and spinach were cooked in a separate pan with boiling water then added towards the end. The sauce (Ready mixed, if I had more time I would have done it from scratch) was then added when the vegetables had softened and then all served together! 

This was a lazy day or I would have combined a lot more and made the sauce from scratch which I am planning on doing very soon. But it was quick, easy and tasty! 

And there you have it, a weird, healthy Bhuna curry!




Like I said these were mainly leftovers, so look out for what I can do with a full shop ;) 

Ciao for now! 



Comments

Popular Posts