The Vegan Diet -- Day 1

Day one

I decided to do a little experiment with myself and go Vegan for one week.

The first time I went Vegan I was extremely unprepared and I was eating very little but this time, I feel like I have done enough research to know what I am doing and I plan to track my eating habits by creating a food diary.

It's a bit of an experiment with myself as I want to see how it affects my mind and body. My ultimate goal is to be healthy, if I can get all my nutrients from plants then for me that's the ideal scenario.

I prepared my meals for the week and I have ordered myself a few Vegan books to help me on my journey.

It is day one and I woke up in a terrible mood. I had a lack of sleep because of the humidity and I was anxious about the day ahead (not because of the vegan food, don't worry!).

I woke up at 5.30am which is my usual time, but this morning I didn't leap out of bed, to be honest, I struggled to get up at all.

I got dressed and made my way to the gym, my body was aching from the day before but I chose to push myself - that was a bad idea, my leg was extremely sore no and matter what form of cardio I was doing it still caused me pain and also, my ankle started playing up. I did some slow walking and biking and decided it was best to go home before I hurt myself even more.

Obviously, this put me in an even worse mood so I just wanted to get ready and go to work as soon as I could.

Meal 1:
When I arrived at work I had a dairy free KoKo yoghurt and some berries for my breakfast.

I feel extremely weird with food today, I'm not hungry at all but I think that's caused by my mood rather than my diet.

Meal 2: 
I had made quinoa with vegan Quorn strips covered in a teriyaki sauce (homemade) with vegetables including Pak Choi.



So, the goal was not to snack today but I had my lunch and now I am eating some berries and a Nush yoghurt. I am extremely bloated and my body can't tell if it's hungry or just bloated...

Snack 1:
Blueberries, Raspberries, 1 apple, A blueberry Nush yoghurt.

Dinner: 
Laura's kitchen vegan curry from Wholefoods and some sweet potato rice from cauli rice (I got this free from Be.Fit London on Sunday - it all tasted amazing!



So now, after dinner, I have loads of energy! I think it is the fact that I've had a good hearty meal full of good carbs! I also had a few tortilla chips as well with this meal (oops) but I wanted something crunchy with it.

For me, personally, giving up dairy isn't hard at all as I am already mostly dairy free. But meat is a problem and I am getting some terrible headaches today.

The only worry for me is water retention due to the number of carbohydrates I will be consuming, I would like to avoid gaining weight, even if it is water weight. But, let's see what happens...

I have taken a B12 supplement and a probiotic today as well.

Last week I did my body fat/BMI so after this week I can compare my findings (on top of how I feel of course)

If you have any advice for me please do feel free to comment below! I have been vegan before but I was in a completely different mindset than I am today. Today, I do it because I want to be healthy and not because I want to eat as few calories as possible.

I will keep you updated on my journey this week!

Namaste 🙏










Popular Posts